Sunday, January 17, 2010

Climategate

It's long been known that the best way to get money out of people is to scare them. Advertisers do it by making people feel they won't be "hip" without the latest sweater. More seriously, the Church has been doing it for 2,000 years. Bush did it with his 'axis of evil', and the climate change mafia have been doing it for the last 20 years.

When watching a politician on TV you may find it helpful to turn down the volume, and mentally add a subtitle "I am a lying corrupt scumbag, I loathe average working guys like you, but me and my cronies need your cash", and leave it there as a useful aide-memoire while he's talking.

Have you heard about "irregular verbs"? For example:

"I give off the record press briefings"
"You leak"
"He is being charged under Section 1 of the Official Secrets Act"

Now thanks to the Times we have another one

"I misled the world"
"You did not tell the whole truth"
"He is a lying scumbag"

So it turns out that the Himalayan Glaciers are not going to melt after all because all the data was made up

Big surprise there to anybody not born yesterday!

No comments: