Sunday, September 27, 2009

"Is Kowalski A Midget?"



Just been rewatching a classic 1971 movie, "Vanishing Point". Anybody who enjoys films of this era, as I do, will be well aware that film crews at that time were more focused on mind expanding substances and adventurous sex than on their 401(k)s and audience demographics. As a result, their films often do not make a great deal of sense, but they definitely evoke a strong gut reaction from the audience - whereas todays' films either cause me to fall asleep (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), slap my head in frustration that it's been 3 hours and still the same old crap is going on over and over (Lord of the Rings) or throw up (anything with Sandra Bullock in it)

When I first came to the US and was picked up at the airport by the woman who would become my wife, I was subconsciously expecting her to turn up in a White 1970 Dodge Challenger. And now I know why. Of course, it turned out to be a Honda CRV.

Rent this film - or download it - listen to the insane howl of the V8 in that Challenger, and imagine it's you driving it, with a couple of Climate Change activists tied to the roof. Enjoy!

No comments: